Listen in on a candid conversation with “The ROI Guy” himself, Tom Pisello, who discusses how to accelerate value creation for every customer. First, Tom explores why the COVID-19 pandemic has made value central to customers. Then he shares his tips on how to navigate a landscape where customers are making fewer purchases with more scrutiny and hurdles in their decision making process.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why value is so critical in more challenging times like today
- The rise of the “CFNo”
- 71% of buyers have a formal decision committee
- More focus on customer value throughout the customer journey
- Today’s move to service models to inspire buyers from first contact
- What is the value at each stage of the buyer journey starting with value driven discovery?
- Customer Everboarding Experience
- Consumer B2C try before you buy has made its way into B2B
- Limited land deal to prove value and understand vendor experience
- Expand deal is typically the profitable business, before that deal is a loss
- Need for realized value, identify KPIs and gaps, then use other customer value example
- Value Realization and Expansion
- As part of using a product, capture NPS and experience along the way
Tom Pisello is Chief Evangelist at Mediafly, where he helps B2B firms develop sales enablement and "Evolved Selling" strategies. Tom is also the founder of the Evolved Selling Institute, which helps sales teams improve their sales enablement and value selling skills. His most recent book, "Evolved Selling: Optimized Sales Enablement in the Age of Frugalnomics" is a follow-up to his first book, "The Frugalnomics Survival Guide."